Posted to alt.home.repair
Sacramento Dave Sacramento Dave is offline

Default Push in wire connectors

"Eigenvector" wrote in message
. ..
For the re-wiring I did in my basement we used the push-in connectors for
a junction box. They worked very well especially given the large number
of wires we had to connect together. But what's the word on the street,
my friend who recommended them says that a lot of old-timer electricians
don't trust them, but that the journeymen that he works with love them
because they make their job so much easier. I thought it was great, strip
the wire, push the wire in the hole, wire's locked into place.

I'm working on a Hospital, the electricians are using them. I never seen
them before, they have a onsite inspector not very lenient. Myself not being
an electrician, I'll stick to wire nuts & screws