Posted to alt.home.repair
Noozer Noozer is offline

Default Push in wire connectors

You're not talking about the stab-loc connectors on outlets and switches
are you? For those I've heard plenty of people complain that those are
fire hazards. For switches and outlets the screw down type you mentioned
below are definitely recommended over stab-loc.

What do you call the "stab in & screw down" type termination on switches and
outlets? Has the speed of stablock and the reliability of a clamped down
connection.

I'm talking about these things
http://news.thomasnet.com/fullstory/28249/612

Just so that we're on the same page and all that.

How does this work???

What I'd like to see are fixtures that don't require a box... Strip the
wire, lay it in a channel in the back of the fixture, screw it down tight,
repeat for other wires, flip over the wire channel cover.