Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] aww@telusplanet.net is offline

Default Stairs and laminate flooring

Yep, stringers are ugly under the existing carpeting. I hear what you
are saying about the laminate on stairs...solid oak is a much safer
route.

On Nov 12, 3:41 pm, wrote:
Carpeted stringers make a certain fashion statement !

Personally I would not do laminate stairs because they're so slick - a
spill, or running down the stairs in socks, is dangerous. Well, if
you're me it's dangerous.

Are the stairs, risers, and stringer "construction grade" - as in, not
meant to be seen ?

wrote:
I want to replace the carpeting on my stairs with laminate flooring.
Simple enough for the stairs and risers, but the stringers are also
carpeted and I don't have a clue as to how to "dress" them, other than
possibly leaving the carpet on them (the stringers), which I would
rather not do.

Does anyone have suggestions please? Thanks!

Bill in Alberta- Hide quoted text -- Show quoted text -