Posted to alt.home.repair
DanG DanG is offline

Default Do you work with STEEL? Help me with a --RIVETING project for some shelves I'm building . . .

Rather than the expense of sheet metal on the shelving, you can
buy sheets of MDF with one or both sides covered in white Melamine
(think the finish coat of Formica without the pretty picture)

Rice? Beer? Wine? I'm starting to wonder if you're my kind of
girl. A loaf of bread, a jug of wine, and you beside me . . . . .
I'll be fat, drunk, and in trouble.
___________________________
Keep the whole world singing. . . .
DanG

"50 SOMETHING GAL" wrote in message
oups.com...
DanG wrote:
You could build a 48" unit and keep the brooms, mops, and
umbrellas in the tall end, or stack it full of 6" or larger PVC
pipe for rat holeing all manner of short stuff.

Are you a widow or a widower?

Ha ha, got me. Yup yup I mean widOW. That rattling sound you
hear is
my brain trying to dump its rivets lol.

No sir, either this baby is using every available inch or I'm
not going
to build it. When you open these closet doors you're going to
see
wall-to-wall SHELVING. I'm also seriously thinking about
covering the
plywood with sheet metal so that items can slide out of there
easier;
but first thing's first. This is an interior closet, as well,
so it
will maintain more level temperature for the storage of wine and
beer.
I'm really going to have fun with this now that I'm beginning to
visualize it.

I'll report back on how the project is progressing once I've
lined up
the shop. It would be good for others who begin looking at
clothes
stored in auxilliary closets with something like murder in their
eye
and thinking "Ski Suit? I don' need no stinking Ski Suit! Help
me put
these 25 lb. bags of RICE somewhere!"

It's amazing how your priorities change as you get old and
decrepit
lol.

50s