Posted to alt.home.repair
RBM RBM is offline

Default Light/Fan Fixture

Assuming you have a wall switch(dimmer), that went bad. Replace the control.
If it's an electronic control, try resetting the transmitter to receiver
link

"Brian Staff" wrote in message
Sometime ago I invested in a whole bunch of those curly flourescant bulbs
(CFLs) to save on power.

So, when the original incandescant bulbs burned out in my daughters
Hampton Bay fan/light fixture, I replace them with CFLs. I then realized
that while the lights are not dimmable, they apparently do use a dimmer to
switch them on/off in a graceful manner. I then remembered that CFLs will
not work with dimmers...oh well! So, I then replaced the CFL bulbs with
some regular incandescant 60 watters....but they dont work now either. I
think I might have blown something inside by using the CFLs.

Can anybody tell me if this light unit is fixable. The fan still works.

I'd be willing to live without the "dimming" capability and just have a
regular on/off feature. So, if the dimmer has blown, can I just bypass it
or disable it or take it out? If so, where is it?

--
Brian