Posted to alt.home.repair
Brian Staff Brian Staff is offline

Default Light/Fan Fixture

Sometime ago I invested in a whole bunch of those curly flourescant bulbs
(CFLs) to save on power.

So, when the original incandescant bulbs burned out in my daughters Hampton
Bay fan/light fixture, I replace them with CFLs. I then realized that while
the lights are not dimmable, they apparently do use a dimmer to switch them
on/off in a graceful manner. I then remembered that CFLs will not work with
dimmers...oh well! So, I then replaced the CFL bulbs with some regular
incandescant 60 watters....but they dont work now either. I think I might
have blown something inside by using the CFLs.

Can anybody tell me if this light unit is fixable. The fan still works.

I'd be willing to live without the "dimming" capability and just have a
regular on/off feature. So, if the dimmer has blown, can I just bypass it or
disable it or take it out? If so, where is it?

--
Brian