Posted to alt.home.repair
DanG DanG is offline

Default Do you work with STEEL? Help me with a --RIVETING project for some shelves I'm building . . .

You could build a 48" unit and keep the brooms, mops, and
umbrellas in the tall end, or stack it full of 6" or larger PVC
pipe for rat holeing all manner of short stuff.

Are you a widow or a widower?
___________________________
Keep the whole world singing. . . .
DanG

"50 SOMETHING GAL" wrote in message
ups.com...
Hi again Dan . . .

Yes, my power tools may be "more than adequate" but . . . my
hand
isn't. I don't do well with precision drilling (or circular
sawing
for that matter) when the material is STEEL.

I hopped over to TRUELOCAL.COM and located a number of forges
that are
within about 20 miles of my house and I think at this point I'll
start
with one or two of those . . . and build out.

To the gentleman who inquired what exactly this project was, an
expanded discussion can be found here, with the added attraction
that
it is a vBulletin forum (and thus a bit more flexible viz
graphics).
Hop on in and participate:
http://www.homerepairforum.com/forum...ead.php?t=4614

This is an extremely creative discussion and I have to say I am
so
impressed with some of the suggestions. The more I think about
the
option of bolting the unit together, the better I like it.

Thanks guys.