Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Hall Andy Hall is offline

Default Putting a washing machine in the bathroom (under the sink!)

On 2006-11-12 13:40:34 +0000, David Hansen
said:

On Sun, 12 Nov 2006 11:26:39 +0000 someone who may be Andy Hall
wrote this:-

Sometimes I think that we are overly cautious in the UK,

The IEE argued that this "caution" was shown by the figures to save
a number of lives every year.

In general that is true, but the context was bathrooms.

I do have a copy of Amendment 3 to the 16th Edition beside me at the
moment. In terms of switches there is little change to what was
allowed before [1], the same is true about sockets. In terms of
luminaries [2] and wiring systems it is stricter than what was
allowed before.

Really? Pity it doesn't it tell you the difference between a
luminaire and a luminary.

You were probably thinking of me (meaning person of eminence or