Posted to alt.home.repair
professorpaul professorpaul is offline

Default Do you work with STEEL? Help me with a --RIVETING project for some shelves I'm building . . .

This is a simple machine shop job. They will just cut off to desired
length with a band saw, and braze on the rivets, which can be drilled
or punched out of the old piece. You can paint the results to match.
Time issue. I'll call around before I started the project. If you are
in a major metropolitan area, I would think there are plenty of welding
shops. Shouldn't take more than an hour's time, with the right tools.
Keep us posted on the results.