Posted to alt.home.repair
Paul Franklin Paul Franklin is offline

Default Hot galvanized roofing nails

On Sat, 11 Nov 2006 14:10:23 -0600, zxcvbob
wrote:

Do they exist anymore? All I can find are boxes of cheap electroplated
roofing nails imported from China.

I've checked at every hardware and lumber store in town, including the
ones that used to weigh out bulk nails. Thursday, I was at a Habitat
for Humanity work site; someone left the roofing nails outside and they
got wet and rusted to uselessness in a week. (I was looking for good
nails before this, but I didn't think even *bright* nails would rust
that fast.)

Bob

They're easy to find in coils for roofing nailers; not easy to find in
bulk. You might be better off looking for stainless steel, although
they are pricey. you could probably buy coil nails and a nailer for
what you'd pay extra for SS.

HTH,

Paul