Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.policy,alt.hvac
MLD MLD is offline

Default Trane furnace radio/TV interference

"John Smith" wrote in message
Mark wrote:
Dave wrote:
Mark wrote:
modelman wrote:

/s/ DD, W1MCE

Mark

Mark:

A quick check of the web turned up a site with posts dealing with the
same problem you are experiencing, it seems someone was able to make
some noticeable improvements in the rf interference generated--but not
totally eliminate... Just might be worth you time time to look, the
link I will paste is a long one, if it wraps you may have to copy and
paste both lines into the address bar of your browser and make sure
there have been no breaks, spaces, caused the whole link. Hope this
helps...

http://groups.google.com/group/alt.h...eb8ab594ac0781

Regards,
JS

--Followed your link and was surprised to see that my comments, posted over
a year ago, are still floating around cyber space. Obviously apparent, that
the Trane RF noise problem hasn't been addressed by them. What is
disconcerting is that they have done nothing to minimize or alleviate the
problem and after more than a year are still producing furnaces with a known
RF noise generating inducer motor. Clearly a case of COST vs Customer
satisfaction---Charge more for the furnace, if that what it takes, and go
back to the motor that didn't have this problem. In my case, I had a
perfect back-to-back comparison--in the morning the first furnace worked
without incident--by noon, the new furnace was screwing up my (rabbit ears)
kitchen TV. I took a look at the new furnace and immediately saw that the
inducer motor was different--size and configuration. With a little bit of
experimentation, I finally narrowed the cause down to the inducer motor.
The installer had no clue, was very helpful and cooperative in interfacing
with Trane. Since I must have been early in the "new motor" time frame,
Trane shot-gunned the problem trying to eliminate it, ----new control board,
verifying electrical grounds, replacing the shielded motor harness (the
only thing that showed some signs of improvement). I guess at that point
they must have figured out that it was a bigger problem then they expected
and that's when the Trane Rep stopped returning my calls. It was easier to
run a cable line to the TV then to continue dealing with the installer, who
was shrugging his shoulders by this time, and the vanishing Trane Rep
MLD