Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.policy,alt.hvac
Noon-Air Noon-Air is offline

Default Trane furnace radio/TV interference

"Dave" wrote in message
. ..
Noon-Air wrote:

SNIPPED

As Jake said.... with the addition of....
Make sure that you have proper earth grounds for your power, and the HAM
rigs/shack. That will go a long way towards eliminating RFI. Make sure
that all the bonding screws in the furnace are clean and tight, make sure
that the furnace has a proper ground also.
When I put the shack together, I drove a seperate 8ft copper ground rod,
and silver brazed #6 solid copper to it, then silver brazed the wire to
the copper ground buss on the back of the bench. All equipment
grounded.....no problem.

de n6ojn

As you describe your setup it does meet USA National Electrical Code. Your
home should have ONLY one earth connection, not two!

Actually as I live in a lightening prone area, my home has several earth
grounds as do most of the other buildings in the area.

As you describe it, your house presumably has the electrical service panel
grounded to an 8 feet long ground rod where the service enters the house.

The main service panel has 2 ground rods tied to the same buss, The TV cable
entrance has a seperate earth ground, as does the telephone entrance, and
the sub panel in the garage.

You seem to have added a second 8 feet ground rod to your home specifically
for the Ham station.

Yes and that one too.

Check with a local electrician for specific compliance issues.

done did... the sparky is the one that put the extra rods in for the service
entrance and the garage sub panel, and the city inspector signed off on it.

/s/ DD