Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.policy,alt.hvac
Dave Dave is offline

Default Trane furnace radio/TV interference

Noon-Air wrote:

SNIPPED

As Jake said.... with the addition of....
Make sure that you have proper earth grounds for your power, and the HAM
rigs/shack. That will go a long way towards eliminating RFI. Make sure that
all the bonding screws in the furnace are clean and tight, make sure that
the furnace has a proper ground also.
When I put the shack together, I drove a seperate 8ft copper ground rod, and
silver brazed #6 solid copper to it, then silver brazed the wire to the
copper ground buss on the back of the bench. All equipment grounded.....no
problem.

de n6ojn

As you describe your setup it does meet USA National Electrical Code. Your home
should have ONLY one earth connection, not two!

As you describe it, your house presumably has the electrical service panel
grounded to an 8 feet long ground rod where the service enters the house. You
seem to have added a second 8 feet ground rod to your home specifically for the
Ham station.

Check with a local electrician for specific compliance issues.

/s/ DD