Posted to uk.d-i-y
Ian Stirling Ian Stirling is offline

Default Putting a washing machine in the bathroom (under the sink!)

lozoz wrote:
I'd like to put my washing machine in a cupboard in the bathroom and
position a counter top basin on top of the cupboard. What's troubling
me is the pipework needed under the basin. Judging by what's under my
current basin, I would need approx 30 cm clearance between the top of
the washer and basin bottom which would bring the basin far too high.
Are there any space saving solutions out there that would be suited?

Quite easy really.
You don't mount the trap on the basin.
You mount a right angle join on the basin, and take that to a trap at
the side. (not quite right angle, you want some slope)

As an alternative, you might mount the washing machine over the basin,
enclosed, with the washing going in at more or less eye level.

Do ensure your DIY skills are up to this, a washing machine falling on
your toes from several feet up can smart.