Posted to misc.consumers.house
dave xnet dave xnet is offline

Default problems trying to rent while unemployed

Hello,
I find myself unemployed, and it's likely to be that way for
the next 3 - 6 months until I complete some training.

In the meantime, we've sold our house, and expect to clear
$250,000 + in profits when it closes in a couple of weeks.

We plan to rent for a year and then re-evauate things
at the end of the lease.

The problem we're having is that rentals, particularly those
that go thru a rental agency, are balking at renting to us
(myself, wife and two children)
even though our credit reports are good, and we're about to
get a big balance at the bank.

Anybody have any tips for improving our situation?

I came up with the idea of just offering the landlord
6 months rent in advance, even the full year,
but not sure of any legal implications of that.

TIA for any info.
Dave