Posted to rec.woodworking
Bubba Wood Bubba Wood is offline

Default Looking to invest in a 24" sander

On Fri, 10 Nov 2006 13:20:32 GMT, "Rick's Cabinet Shop"
wrote:

Sorry about my mix-up with terminology between widebelt and dual drum. I
expected you to say you had the Z as I was reading your first paragraph. I
knew neither were finishing sanders. Do you think the Z is worth the extra
$445.00? Like I said, I have the Z "extreme" series 15" planer. My brother
bought the G0453 and his just seems a lot "cheaper" when you are standing in
front of it, looking at it. From the comments posted, I will be staying
away from the open ended models.

Rick

I think it would be worth it. I know from the Grizzly stuff I have
the Z's are better. Understand, I have not had any issues with my
sander. I just think the extra features of the Z model would be good
to have.

Looking at the pictures it looks like the top of the Z is easier to
open too. The R you have to take it completly off to change the
paper. Which means You have to keep the DC rather moveable.

Larry