Robin S.

Default Cicular blade for aluminum

No one has mentioned the idea that you _should_ use a non-ferrous blade.
These blades have negative rake which helps to prevent the blade from
picking up your piece of material and tossing it across the shop.

I sell lots of these blades at work. I would never, ever, recommend using
anything other than a negative rake blade. I've also cut some 1/2" aluminium
plate on a cabinet saw. You'll find out pretty quick that a) this is pretty
much the scariest operation that can be performed on a table saw and b) you
want the right tool for the job.

It will be loud and it will fling chips everywhere (they're HOT - wear
protection).

Our 10" N/F blades (by Dimar) have 96 teeth. They're worth a little bit more
than $100 Canadian, although they are of very high quality. I would
personally recommend using wax, but as others have said, WD-40 works well
also.

HTH.

Regards,

Robin

"EBG" wrote in message
I'm seeing some conflicting information on the right blade to use for
cutting aluminum.....mayvbe you can help.