Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default tying off a ring outlet

In article ,
Geronimo W. Christ Esq wrote:
Another quick electrical wiring question. I'm about to change the wiring
on my boiler, so that the existing mains power source (which is on my
kitchen's ring) is unused and hanging in the breeze. I am putting a
blanking plate over where the cable to the boiler came from.

Obviously it's not going to be acceptable to leave the wires just lying
there. What is the correct way to isolate the wires so that they are not
touching anything, is it ok to use a screw terminal block ?

It will require different treatment if part of the ring or now an unused
spur off it. If a spur, I'd disconnect at source. If the ring itself, use
30 amp connector blocks and insulate well. They must remain accessible via
a cover, etc.

--
*And don't start a sentence with a conjunction *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.