Posted to alt.home.repair
RicodJour RicodJour is offline

Default Clothes Dryer Vent Connection

BillGill wrote:
I have never been able to make a good connection
from my dryer to the 4" metal vent. I am using
a flexible aluminum tube right now, but every time
I move the dryer it comes loose. I even have the
one with one end crimped down so it will fit into
the vent pipe.

Can anyone suggest a method to make the connection
at least semipermanent?

Use rigid metal. Put an elbow right at the dryer and a section of
rigid to a point where you can access it easily. The rigid vent and
elbow are permanently attached to the dryer with metal foil tape and
some strapping to hold the rigid vent in place so it doesn't more
around. Then all you have to deal with is the connection at the end of
the rigid metal and that's now in a location where you can get to it
easily.