Posted to alt.home.repair
Art Art is offline

Default Clothes Dryer Vent Connection

I tried the plastic sleeve type. Unfortunately it was designed to fit 2
different dryer vent sizes and used a felt filler for fastening onto a new
Kenmore gas dryer. Felt dried up in a few months and vent fell off. Ripped
off the plastic piece and got a hose clamp to put metal end on dryer the old
fashion way.

"BillGill" wrote in message
John Gilmer wrote:
Either sheet metal screws (as another poster suggested) or use the Al
(not
the Al coated fabric tape but pure Al metal) to hold the connections
together.

If you bite the bullet and replace the flexible vent with rigid vent you
can put an elbow at the dryer and keep that connection in place just by
backing the dryer into the connection. All other connections would be
semi-permanent (Al tape or screws). You can usually route rigid vent
pipe
anywhere you can run flex.

You may be able to back the dryer into the vent, but I
am way to big to slide behind the dryer to guide the
dryer and vent together while I am out in front sliding
it in.

I think I will see about the plastic sleeve somebody
mentioned.

Bill Gill