Posted to uk.d-i-y
HLAH HLAH is offline

Default Screwfix lucky dip

wrote in message
oups.com...
Today amongst some builders metalwork and stainless screws I ordered, I
got a pack of plastic plumbing fittings I didn't order. Random
additions and (less so) deletions appear to be getting more common from
Screwfix. I'd say roughly 20-30% of my orders are "different" to what I
ordered through the website.

Now they are very good at patching up mistakes, after a single quick
phone call, and next day delivery seems to be working consistantly
again, after a wobbly phase when they had a major expansion.

Their unbranded tools are still very often utter junk though (I've sent
most of them back). Everyone else's experiences roughly the same?

I haven't had any wrong orders from them, well not any recent one I recall.
Problems years ago were sorted without fuss.

The only recent issue was one order detail doesn't show up in my order
history and an email to customer service got me a print out sent in the
post.

As to the unbranded tools, I used to buy them 6-7 years ago and they were
good value. Then the prices went up and the quality went down. Many of them
are "BlackSpur" type branded tools, often acceptable for purpose but about
three times the price of the local discount QD type stores. Lidl/Aldi seems
to have the best value price/quality ratio cheap tools these days.