Posted to uk.d-i-y
Richard Conway Richard Conway is offline

Default Screwfix lucky dip

wrote:
Today amongst some builders metalwork and stainless screws I ordered, I
got a pack of plastic plumbing fittings I didn't order. Random
additions and (less so) deletions appear to be getting more common from
Screwfix. I'd say roughly 20-30% of my orders are "different" to what I
ordered through the website.

Now they are very good at patching up mistakes, after a single quick
phone call, and next day delivery seems to be working consistantly
again, after a wobbly phase when they had a major expansion.

Their unbranded tools are still very often utter junk though (I've sent
most of them back). Everyone else's experiences roughly the same?

I went to the Stockport trade counter the other day and they missed out
a tube of gripfill that I'd paid for. Didn't notice until I got home.
Will bring it up next time I'm in there.