Jeridiah

Default Ultimate Workshop?

"Backlash" wrote in message ...
Jeridiah, could you explain more about the insulated concrete forms? pics,
website, maybe? Being in the south, that's not an item we would normally use
around here. I've seen the ones used to pour basements and such, then left
in place. I would assume they are integral to the flow of the building so
they don't protrude from the slab, etc? What would protect them from string
trimmers, lawn mowers, and such?

http://www.integraspec.com/frame.html

This is the system I used. There are about a dozen of them around
here. I built mine from the footings to the eaves in one solid wall.
The foam wall is put up first and then it is filled with cement. The
big advantage is that you end up with a monolithic slab for a wall, so
there are no air gaps anywhere. It is important to plan ahead though,
because if you need to add a hole later, it is difficult(but not
impossible).
The walls on the inside are finished anyway you choose(I went with OSB
to withstand the inevetible dings in a shop). The outside can be
finished in any conventional manner(mine is colored sheet steel).
I have been taking pictures throughout the entire project, but have
not gotten around to building a website yet. I can send you some if
you want.

JW