Posted to uk.d-i-y
Paul D.Smith Paul D.Smith is offline

Default Bosch Washing Machine Pre-Wash Light Flashing

"Jo" wrote in message
We have a Bosch WFF 2000 washing machine, unfortunately now out of
warranty. It has started a new routine all by itself!
The machine is regularly set to 40 degrees, coloureds (NO pre-wash). It
appears to complete the cycle but at the end, the pre-wash light flashes.
On checking the detergent drawer we find that the softener is still there.
If we 'fast-forward' the machine to rinse only the softener is used up and
and the cycle copmpletes.
Any ideas would be greatly appreciated before we go down the expensive
route of calling out an engineer.

Jo

Might not be you problem but...

Take out the powder draw and look upwards at the insides. Is it black and
foul? Our AEG is terrible for the water holes getting clogged by mould and
other crap. Get a good long brush and give it a really thorough clean.

If you have one, a garden sprayer with some diluted bleech in can be used to
spray most of the crap away (one of those pump up sprayers with a long hose
and controllable spray nozzle works for me).

Do this as part of your regular cleaning cycle (you do run an occasional
very hot wash to remove soap scum from inside don't you?) and this might be
all it needs.

Paul DS