Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jo Jo is offline

Default Bosch Washing Machine Pre-Wash Light Flashing

We have a Bosch WFF 2000 washing machine, unfortunately now out of warranty.
It has started a new routine all by itself!
The machine is regularly set to 40 degrees, coloureds (NO pre-wash). It
appears to complete the cycle but at the end, the pre-wash light flashes.
On checking the detergent drawer we find that the softener is still there.
If we 'fast-forward' the machine to rinse only the softener is used up and
and the cycle copmpletes.
Any ideas would be greatly appreciated before we go down the expensive route
of calling out an engineer.

Jo

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Jo" wrote in message
We have a Bosch WFF 2000 washing machine, unfortunately now out of
warranty. It has started a new routine all by itself!
The machine is regularly set to 40 degrees, coloureds (NO pre-wash). It
appears to complete the cycle but at the end, the pre-wash light flashes.
On checking the detergent drawer we find that the softener is still there.
If we 'fast-forward' the machine to rinse only the softener is used up and
and the cycle copmpletes.
Any ideas would be greatly appreciated before we go down the expensive
route of calling out an engineer.

Jo

Might not be you problem but...

Take out the powder draw and look upwards at the insides. Is it black and
foul? Our AEG is terrible for the water holes getting clogged by mould and
other crap. Get a good long brush and give it a really thorough clean.

If you have one, a garden sprayer with some diluted bleech in can be used to
spray most of the crap away (one of those pump up sprayers with a long hose
and controllable spray nozzle works for me).

Do this as part of your regular cleaning cycle (you do run an occasional
very hot wash to remove soap scum from inside don't you?) and this might be
all it needs.

Paul DS

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jo Jo is offline

"Paul D.Smith" wrote in message
.. .

"Jo" wrote in message
[...]

Yes it does get foul! But as we clean out this part on a regular basis I
doubt that this is the problem.
A friend suggested that the filter may need a jolly good clean out.....this
we haven't done for a while. Excess suds may be causing the machine to
request an extra spin cycle (so it says in the manual/0, but mentions
nothing about the pre-wash button flashing as a result!
We'll clean out the filter and see where we go from there.

Resetting controller on Ariston dishwasher bob Home Ownership 2 December 5th 06 09:56 AM
kms kuba sewing machinery Home Repair 0 April 27th 06 09:16 AM
kms kuba sewing machinery UK diy 0 April 5th 06 09:19 AM
kms kuba sewing machinery Metalworking 0 April 3rd 06 12:45 PM
kms kuba sewing machinery Metalworking 0 March 27th 06 03:24 PM