Posted to alt.home.repair
Eigenvector Eigenvector is offline

Default Wall boxes for sconces

"RBM" rbm2(remove wrote in message
You can use bar boxes, which are more easily adjustable

You're talking about those fan-stabilizer bar boxes. I wasn't sure if those
would fit a normal wall stud spacing or not

"Eigenvector" wrote in message
. ..
I was in the process of mounting the boxes for sconce lights and I noticed
that the boxes are rather imprecise and difficult to mount. I'm
reasonably sure I didn't have cheap boxes and when I looked around I only
found them in this style, or some facimile thereof.

http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?actio...20H&lpage=none

That's a good estimate of what I figured would work. NOPE, the nails are
difficult to drive in because they go in at an angle, the box is tough to
position properly because there is no markings on it, and it doesn't even
lay flat against the stud.

Are there better choices for mounting sconces? I would prefer
non-metallic, as then it would have to be grounded as well. Small job,
but it adds to the tasks.