Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] robson@nf.sympatico.ca is offline

Default Flat roof options

John W Gintell wrote:
I have an old garage building with a flat roof made of concrete. It
leaks a little bit. On part of it there is an asphalt coating and on
some parts you can see the bare concrete. It is structurally sound.

I've talked at times to several roofers to see what should be done.

One roofer suggested a rubber roofing but that is a pretty big deal and
expensive and I'd think overkill.

The simplest and cheapest solution is just a coating of some sort which
is what I'd like to do. What kind of experience/experience to people
have with this? And are there some recommendations on types of coating.

Use an elastomeric coating but do an adhesion test first. Couple of
applications of this product worked well for our garage roof. I think
you can roll it on but we used a sprayer for the sake of time. It's
holding up well. Was available at home dep. when we did it 2 years ago.

GL