Posted to alt.home.repair
Smarty Smarty is offline

Default Clothes Dryer Vent Connection

You can also drill a couple small holes through the vent pipe and the collar
on the back of the dryer and run some sheet metal screws into the holes.
Disadvantages: It limits the ability to quickly move the dryer, and also can
act as a lint "trap" if the screws protrude into the pipe, but it will
prevent the connection from vibrating apart.

Smarty

"k" wrote in message
Mine goes OVER the vent pipe, and is held there with a hose clamp, the
type you screw tight.

Keith
"BillGill" wrote in message
I have never been able to make a good connection
from my dryer to the 4" metal vent. I am using
a flexible aluminum tube right now, but every time
I move the dryer it comes loose. I even have the
one with one end crimped down so it will fit into
the vent pipe.

Can anyone suggest a method to make the connection
at least semipermanent?

Thanks a lot.

Bill Gill