Posted to alt.home.repair
Proctologically Violated©® Proctologically Violated©® is offline

Default Best Gutter guards?

Thank you, a very useful google compilation, really helped a lot.
Woulda indeed been easier to have done it all at once, but the gutters were
such a pita to get installed--english tudor, 4-5 stories off the ground in
places, split level, goodgawd....--I just couldn't process that much at
once.

HD sells what FrankBrookes was talking about, probably a little smoother. I
actually have a cupla packs, w/ little kluge-y hinges.
They seem heavy enough to just lay in over the brackets w/ some stability.
Also used the Amerimex black plastic rolls, altho a poster referred to them
sagging in the sun.

Amazing how divided the opinions were, no consensus at all, but still quite
educational.
Which my gutter guy had sort of already summarized.

He told me about still another product not mentioned anywhe
A goddamm SPONGE that fills the entire space of the gutter!!
But it rots over time.

Also, the RainGuard gutter-less system was neat to see. Can't for the life
of me figger out who would want this system--and an expensive one, at that.

A lot of issues I would not have anticipated--incl. bees, wasps, etc.

Yeah, I gotta learn how to use google....
--
------

Absolutely Vote, but NOT for a Democrat or a Republican.
Ending Corruption in Congress is the *Single Best Way*
to Materially Improve Your Family's Life.
The Solution is so simple--and inexpensive!

all d'numbuhs

"RicodJour" wrote in message
ups.com...
Proctologically Violated©® wrote:
Awl--

Any experience/opinions?
Just installed new gutters, already filled up w/ leaves.
HD has three types, building supply has another, which costs as much, per
foot, as the gutter itself!!
TIA.

http://groups-beta.google.com/group/...t=0&scoring=d&

Doing research after the fact helps deal with problems. Doing research
before the fact helps avoid them.