Posted to alt.home.repair
Ed Ed is offline

Default Pool light: 9" light in an 8" niche

Searcher,

That's what I'm thinking... tabs fitting around the outside of the
can. If the concrete/plaster
were notched out enough to get an Allen wrench in there we might even
be able to lock it to the can with set screws.

I'm also searching for someone who still sells lights that fit the
older niches.

Ed

"Shopdog" wrote in message
I'm thinking:: What about the tabs, will they fit around the can
like receptacle? On the outside? What if you notch out where the
tabs go and epoxy the mounting plate to the wall? The tabs will
still give support and the epoxy will hold the plate as well as seal
out water.

Searcher