Posted to alt.home.repair
gooshto gooshto is offline

Default Tumble dryer has stopped spinning.

Hi there, my tumble dryer is old and I have replaced the thermostat a
few times and that's always kept it going. The other night I smelt a
burning smell like that of rubber burning and I noticed that the dryer
had stopped spinning but was still heating up. I took the back cover
off and on the bottom left hand corner there is a sort of wheel with
vents in it (it spins very fast when working) and I gave that a turn
just by manually pushing it a few times and the machine started working
again without any burning smell. The thing is I've had to do that a
few times now as the machine stops spinning intermittently. I'm
guessing it might be the rubber band that makes the basket spin? I
don't know how to get at it though. I can't see where the screws come
off so I can see where the rubber band is. Do you think it would be
the rubber band? I don't know why pushing the wheel at the back makes
it work. It's like it's stuck or something.

The machine is a Creda Concorde 311. It's a small compact tumble dryer
not the normal size kind.

Thanks for any advice.