Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Faulty water meter?

Proctologically Violated©® wrote:
That won't really reveal anything, except one scenario (assuming the valve
is good):
If he turns the main valve off, and the meter KEEPS spinning, then something
is f'sure wrong w/ the meter itself.
--

EXACTLY IT elminates one failure mode, plus running water can often be
heard, run valve near shut can generate more noise at least it does for

Having been a service tech since 1975 when confronted with something
you dont understand try to narrow down its failure modes by changing
anything.........

standing around saying I dont understand accomplihes little.

if there are some service valves try shuttling them to narrow down the
problem.

I installed ball valves to all fixtures to make life easier when
changing washers or if something fails.

like the nite my tub faucet wouldnt shut off with no valve to the
bathroom ALL the water was off till it was fixed......

really inconveniuent.

that happened since, no problem valve off in basement