Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.legal
DB. DB. is offline

Default Replacement windows in breach of conservation area rules

"Chris Hill" wrote:

My parents live in a conservation area
in London. Our neighbour removed a chimney stack when they modified
their house just after moving in. They were told by the local
conservation area "police" to put the chimney stack back (or a
fibreglass replica). They did nothing.

30 years later they still haven't complied.

I take it that the local borough council don't really care too much
about this conservation area.

Chris.

Not necessarily so. As the earlier poster said "Councils can and
do take what view they want of issues, and they can also choose those
which they address and those which they let pass". Incorrect
fenestration to one house in a terrace might well be regarded as being
much more noticeable (and offensive) than the absence of a chimney.
As for a fibreglass replica - Ugh!

--
DB.