Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
charlie b charlie b is offline

Default Binh Pho Is Coming! Binh Pho Is Coming!

wrote:

snip

Most
places here have insurance (including homes) that won't let you have a
meeting or congregation that engages in potentially dangerous
activities. This means power tools. And as for a commercial venue,
forget it. Same insurance concerns in spades. And the guys that are
interested in making more out of the current club just don't see it
changing, and a couple have decided that it may even be time to move a
little away from woodturning.

At my first woodturners meeting I learned that the American
Association of Woodturners membership includes liability insurance
coverage.

http://www.woodturner.org/org/mbrship/

charlie b