Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.legal
Chris Hill Chris Hill is offline

Default Replacement windows in breach of conservation area rules

On Wed, 08 Nov 2006 21:14:08 +0000, Derek ^
wrote:

On 8 Nov 2006 10:21:36 -0800, "Martin Pentreath"
wrote:

One of the houses on my street of victorian terraces has just been
"refurbished" which has included the replacement of wooden sash windows
with nasty plastic casement ones.

However Councils can and do take what view they want of issues, and
the can also choose those which they address, and those which they let
pass.

Don't hold your breath though. My parents live in a conservation area
in London. Our neighbour removed a chimney stack when they modified
their house just after moving in. They were told by the local
conservation area "police" to put the chimney stack back (or a
fibreglass replica). They did nothing.

30 years later they still haven't complied.

I take it that the local borough council don't really care too much
about this conservation area.

Chris.