Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.legal
[email protected] calums@hotmail.com is offline

Default Replacement windows in breach of conservation area rules

Martin
To the best of my knowledge, tho it is over 4 years since I used to
live in a conservation area, the rules are not 'legal' rules. For this
to be the case it needs to be a listed building. Councils offer grants
to people who 'play' by the conservation rules, but only if they use
certain (usually very expensive) approved companies.
For some reason everyone in the neighbourhood then thinks that there
are legal restrictions on what they can/can't do in their house.
I may be wrong, but I think this is the case with conservation areas.
Calum Sabey
(Newark Traditional Kitchens 01556 690544)