Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.legal
Alex Heney Alex Heney is offline

Default Replacement windows in breach of conservation area rules

On Wed, 08 Nov 2006 19:07:50 +0000, Grunff wrote:

wrote:

If he didn't like
the rules, he shouldn't have bought the house, and left it for somebody
that does appreciate a conservation area.

While I agree with that sentiment to some degree, reporting someone for
breaking the rules in a way that really doesn't affect you in any way is
just not on.

It does affect him.

He will see hat house standing out like a sore thumb every time he
passes it.

And on a purely financial basis it will change the tone of the
neighbourhood, thus potentially affecting house prices when he wants
to sell.

You may not like conservation areas, but they are imposed for a
reason.
--
Alex Heney, Global Villager
....I'm sorry, Reality is not in service at this time.