Posted to alt.home.repair
Proctologically Violated©® Proctologically Violated©® is offline

Default Water Efficient Washers

"Rich" wrote in message
ng.com...
wrote:
-the cost of a high efficency washer is so great you will never recoop
the cost in the life of the machine.

front load high efficency 1 grand.

standard top load 300 bucks

the price difference will buy you lots of water plus high efficency
washeres have lots of high cost parts like control boards,

so know it will cost you money

The cost of the high effeciency is not only the amount of water you save
but you also use less soap and the cloths come out much dryer in a front
a Bosch front loader and it was well worth the extra money. Until I got
this washer my dryer could never keep up when doing several loads at once,
now the dryer is done before the next load of wash so that tells me I'm
saving money in the drying process as well.

And less electricity, I believe, and maybe less wear and tear on clothes.
Still not sure if one will recoup the extra cost, but the list of savings is
long!

Are we distinguishing between water-efficient *top* loaders and front
loaders??
The WETLs have no central column/paddles, ergo large volume, high velocity
spin/water jets. Not cheap, either.

Is there such a thing as high-efficiency front loaders, vs reg front
loaders?

And, I woulda thought front loaders would have *less*/cheaper maintenance
than top loaders, being mechanically simpler and w/ less stress on
mechanical parts (the oscillation of a top loader req's hp).
--
------

Absolutely Vote, but NOT for a Democrat or a Republican.
Ending Corruption in Congress is the *Single Best Way*
to Materially Improve Your Family's Life.
The Solution is so simple--and inexpensive!

all d'numbuhs

Rich