Posted to alt.home.repair
BETA-32 BETA-32 is offline

Default Electrical work and permits.

wrote in message
.net...
In article .com,
says...

When we had a new service and panel put in, we rewired much of the
house, but not all, because some parts were going to be extensively
remodeled, so we could do new wiring in them later.

The electrician kept the box from the old panel in place and used it as
a junction box for the few old circuits that were fed from the new
panel. The new panel was only a couple of feet away, so the wiring to
use the old circuits with the new panel was very simple, just a few runs
of wire a few feet long, from the new breakers to the box from the old
panel.

When it came time for the renovation of the rooms with the old circuits,
the old panel's box was removed, and the new circuits were run directly
to the new panel. The switch-over took less than an hour of
electrician's time for all the circuits that we switched from old to
new.

That was all with permits, inspections, etc.

Thanks. I think that's the approach I am going to end up using.