Posted to alt.home.repair
Rich Rich is offline

Default Water Efficient Washers

Eric in North TX wrote:
The cost of the high effeciency is not only the amount of water you
save but you also use less soap and the cloths come out much dryer
in a front loading machine thus saving you on drying time and energy
as well. I have a Bosch front loader and it was well worth the extra
money. Until I got this washer my dryer could never keep up when
doing several loads at once, now the dryer is done before the next
load of wash so that tells me I'm saving money in the drying process
as well.

Rich

We did the same, we found the same.
We did go for the Maytag Neptune series, and I know there is a lot of
buzz about them not being all that, but our experience has been good,
no problems to date. I bought scratch and dent ones and saved over 1/3
of the price. One tip on front-loaders; use baking soda in addition to
the soap. That eliminated front-loader odor. I buy a bucket of it at
Sam's for ~$5 so not much additional expense there, it lasts forever.

What is front loader odor? Never heard of that?

Thanks, Rich