Posted to rec.woodworking
Wes Stewart Wes Stewart is offline

Default Open Shelf Design

On Wed, 08 Nov 2006 15:31:57 GMT, Pat Barber
wrote:

Now you get to find out why they make MDF... Buy a
sheet for making a mockup up and if it works, paint
it. If it doesn't, burn it. Mdf is a wonderful cheap
material that keeps a nice edge and allows you to
"see" the possible results without risking your good
wood.

Just don't paint it with latex paint unless you're in earthquake
country and want the radio stuck to the shelf. [g]

Ken wrote:

I'm building a simple open shelf to place my radio on in the garage.
The shelf is 19" wide x 9 deep. I'm new at this so It will be a
practice piece to work on some decoractive touches.