Gunner

Default OT- VOTERS` VIEWS ON FIREARM OWNERS` RIGHTS AND HUNTING

On Mon, 26 Jan 2004 18:18:44 GMT, "wmbjk" wrote:

Gunner wrote:

Ah..wayne..if you are close enough to see the 'camo kids" and to talk
to them..are you not close enough to get a license plate number?
If they were littering, tearing up "your" road etc etc..its obvious
that they are scoff laws and you really need to do your civic duty and
have them arrested, testify at their trial and see them convicted and
punished.

I love it. First you figured that I was clueless about who was leaving
the trash behind, so you turned into Gunner for the defense - "if you
did not see them commit, then you must acquit". When that didn't pan
out, yet still supremely confident that Gunner-knows-all, you've
transformed into Gunner the hall monitor - "get the plate number, take
it to the jury". LOL

Clueless? I asked a simple question. Was it the local kids or the
hunters. Simple.

Here's the deal - road hunters cause me three main headaches. 1. I get
to pick up their trash 2. Even though I have to stay home when it's wet
to save having to fix up the mess caused by driving on a soggy road,
hunters refuse to be so inconvenienced 3. Most of them don't care if
the deer are cleaned out of yet another area, but I do. How to solve
these problems... well, proving which truck left which trash is not as
easy as you make it sound. The only practical way is with remote video
cameras. If I was to go to that trouble and expense and follow up with
the deputy, I might get the satisfaction of hearing that a $25 fine was
levied. As for the road, much of it is public access. I've gated off the
part we own, and added signs to the other parts that are privately owned
but not fenced. Which leaves a big chunk that's only "mine" in the sense
that I built it and maintain it. If an inconsiderate maroon wants to
tear it up, there's nothing I can do about it. To help you get the idea,
imagine if it was you in a four-wheeler, having driven 35 miles out of
town to go hunting, and some guy asked you not to tear through the mud.
You'd rationalize your position in a heartbeat exactly as you do every
day in these newsgroups, and probably give me the finger to boot. So I'm
limited to signs, encouraging the problem to move somewhere else, and
ranting on Usenet, which I'd think that you of all people would
understand.

Actually, I have rather wide permission to hunt on a number of ranches
around here, because Im not a slob hunter (or kid with a cooler full
of beer) and have helped ranchers fix fences, doze washouts etc etc.

You really are a bundle of hatred and spew. Interesting. As for your
building and maintaining a road thats not yours. Good for you. Civic
duty and all that. Bravo. Must suck to see all that hard work ruined.
Im sure it simply ****es you off not to be able to brag to others
about how hard you work and how good your lawn..er road looks. As for
the deer being "cleared out"..take that up with your fish and game
folks..who most likely will smile, nod, tell you they will take it
under advisement, and as you leave..will look at each other while
making circular finger movements at temple level.
Sometime shortly after hunting season is over, the deer will come back
out of hiding, and life will go on.

Or..hummm are you simply blowing hot air out your butt? Again.

Ah yes, the same attitude that's made me so sympathetic. What the hell,
you're living your reward, which seems about right. Likewise, our local
hunters are being rewarded for their attitude - tales of trash,
trespassing, shooting up signs, leaving gates open, cutting locks etc.
hardly started with me. Even though forty-acre parcels leave the land
largely open, owners are putting up no-hunting signs faster than ever.
Check out the future of hunting around here http://tinyurl.com/3dk3t,
fresh off the pages of Cabelas catalog.

If indeed you have a high percentage of slob hunters..then they indeed
need to be locked out. They should not be tolerated in any shape or
form, as they give the rest of us a bad name. Fortunately they are
generally few in numbers and the rest of us tend to drop a dime on
them.

As for you link to the Playstation hunting game..I guess this is the
future of air travel:
http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/sim/ener...s_2873255.html
Space travel
http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/al...ter/index.html
Warfare (if it were only true...sigh)
http://www.gamespot.com/pc/strategy/...orm/index.html

Now take your zolof, and a deep breath, and cool off.

Gunner

Wayne

"As physicists now know, there is some nonzero probability that any object will,
through quantum effects, tunnel from the workbench in your shop to Floyds Knobs,
Indiana (unless your shop is already in Indiana, in which case the object will
tunnel to Trotters, North Dakota).
The smaller mass of the object, the higher the probability.
Therefore, disassembled parts, particularly small ones,
of machines disappear much faster than assembled machines."
Greg Dermer: rec.crafts.metalworking