Roger Hull

Default Ultimate Workshop?

On Mon, 26 Jan 2004 10:03:43 -0800, Backlash wrote
(in message ):

Sounds more like a playroom than a shop BG. A hoist monorail is good, a
bridge crane is better. On electrical; don't put in duplex recepticals,
instead use four-squares (Or pairs of duplexes) and split them (i.e. top on
one breaker, bottom on different breaker). Also I put all outlets at 52"
above the floor. This gives greater flexibility on tool placement as the cord
comes out of most floor tools at that height. Also saves a lot of bending
over.

I'm sure you already know this, but good lighting is essential.
No workbenches against the walls. Wallspace should be filled with drawers and
benches against walls collect "Stuff" to the point you don't have any
workspace.
Fire extinguishers and fire exits.
Battery powered emergency lights (I found out the hard way on this one).

Just some random thoughts.

Roger in Vegas
Worlds Greatest Impulse Buyer