Posted to alt.home.repair
Speedy Jim Speedy Jim is offline

Default Shower stall question

46erjoe wrote:
I'm building a small bathroom in my basement. It will have a shower
stall, not a tub. But all the faucet fixtures for sale in the DIY
stores sell fixtures with the tub faucets too, which for me will be a
waste of money. Furthermore, it is the tub spigot that turns the
showerhead on and off, right? So how does this work if I don't have a
tub spigot? WIll I have to buy the full set and throw away the tub
kit, and if so, how will the shower head be always "turned on"?

All the mfr make a shower-only fixture.
You can even buy just the valve(s) and add your
own choice of shower head.

http://www.deltafaucet.com/wps/portal/deltacom/
look thru their bath selection as one example.

Jim