Backlash

Default Ultimate Workshop?

Jeridiah, could you explain more about the insulated concrete forms? pics,
website, maybe? Being in the south, that's not an item we would normally use
around here. I've seen the ones used to pour basements and such, then left
in place. I would assume they are integral to the flow of the building so
they don't protrude from the slab, etc? What would protect them from string
trimmers, lawn mowers, and such?

RJ

"Jeridiah" wrote in message
om...
" it! G Luckily, my compressors were bolted down during the flood.
Still
considering it though. How expensive is the radiant heat to operate in

fuel
costs? Thinking about a gas pack for quick heat, with radiant for more
extended work periods. Thanks.

Depending on your heat loads, etc I would look at insulated concrete
forms. Effective R rating of around 45.

I went with the radiant heat on that as well. Just a large electric
water heater for a heat source. The advantage of electric is not
having to vent(in or out), which is a savings for heat loss. I went
with off peak electricity at a rate $0.03/kwh. It's running me about
$100/mo right now and it is REALLY cold outside. Been near zero or
less for the last week or two. I keep my shop set at 45, which seems
like it would be cold, but if I start doing anything at all I start
peeling off layers as I am too warm. That's the really nice thing
about radiant heat, since your feet stay warm and everything in the
building is warm it feels warmer than similar forced air temperatures.