Mark S.

Default Cleaning the loft..;.

On 11 Sep 2003 12:44:44 -0700, (Meoww) wrote:

We've just turned our stone slate roof which had been back-pointed
over the years. The back pointing and other **** fell into the loft
space on top of the old fibre glass where it's obviously consorted
with the original **** which has been in situ since the house was
built (1811). Consequently it all wants cleaning out. The ceilings
are lath and plaster so easy sweeping between the ceiling spars isn't
an option. Space is also at a premium as the King Post bisects the
space quite nicely thank you! Does anyone know if there such a thing
as an industrial vacuum cleaner with a larger hose than you normally
find on Henrys and such like. The bits of pointing will block Henry's
nose and I'm thinking that a machine with a 3 or 4 " hose might be
useful. Any ideas?

By the way, I'm talking hiring here, not buying. Quick google on hire
sites wasn't too helpful.

Patrick

If you have him use Henry anyway, if he can't suck it up then at least
you can bring the bit to you and remove it by hand rather than
crawling about into the corners. At least that's what I did, used the
small nozzle so not so much stuff that would block the hose will get
sucked up and just vac away.
I'd get a disposable full body suit from Screwfix as well and a proper
mask they do for around £14.00. Put the suit and mask on and no
itches and no black lungs either. :-)

Mark S.