Posted to sci.electronics.repair,rec.bicycles.tech

Default silicone adhesive as electrical insulation?

Jasper Janssen wrote:

On Thu, 02 Nov 2006 16:26:04 -0500, Meat Plow wrote:
On Thu, 02 Nov 2006 19:16:57 +0000, Jasper Janssen Has Frothed:
On Wed, 11 Oct 2006 10:47:36 -0700, David Nebenzahl
wrote:
spake thus:

stupid question # 428

if silicones insulate electrical wires then what are silicone spark
plugs leads (wires)?

The silicone is the insulator in them; the conductor is, usually,
carbon-impregnated fiber of some kind (basically a big long resistor).

Why don't spark plug leads get made out of metal, copper or whatever?

They make lots of RFI.

And they don't when they're made out of resistor wire? Huh. Weird.

Its not wire. Its conductive carbon fibers.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida