Backlash

Default Ultimate Workshop?

Ultimate, but economically feasable might be a better way to describe
thingsG A well here has to go to an aquifer about 160 feet down, from
what I'm told, and the well drilling expense alone for my present one that
originally fed the mobile home behind me was around $600 or so twelve years
ago. I already have a 4 month old 3 1/2 ton standard package type heat pump
I got in a trade that is a consideration. Good suggestions. Keep 'em coming.

RJ

"PhysicsGenius" wrote in message
If you want to be really "ultimate" what about a geothermal heatpump?
For a shop-sized building, it'd probably be just pennies to run per month.

Backlash wrote:
I've been researching that subject, and it sounds mighty sweet. My only
issue is that I have a nice Hilti anchor drill, and I ain't afraid to

use
it! G Luckily, my compressors were bolted down during the flood. Still
considering it though. How expensive is the radiant heat to operate in

fuel
costs? Thinking about a gas pack for quick heat, with radiant for more
extended work periods. Thanks.

RJ

"Bernd" wrote in message

"Backlash" wrote in message

Well, today's a snow (ice) day for me, so let's see if I can get a

good

discussion going about shop design and construction In building a
workshop/garage, in which metalwork, machining, mechanical repairs,

auto

repair, and in a separate partition, woodwork is to be performed,

what

materials and type of construction would you guys use, and why?

If you're in a climate that needs heat in the winter I would suggest a
radiant floor heat. There is nothing worse than having a floor that is
cold while working on a vehicle. I know. I have radiant floor heating
in the house but not in the garage. I can warm the garage with a
heater but the floor is still cold. All you would need would be a
water heater and circulating pump. And like "jim" said lot's of power.
I'd go for a 200 amp service.
Hopefully I'll be able to build my shop in the next couple of years.
Right now the basement is being used as a shop. Check out my web site.

www.kingstonemodeleng.com

Regards,
Bernd