Posted to alt.home.repair
rsnyder rsnyder is offline

Default forced hot air furnace

Hi all,

I have a NewMac oil/wood combination forced hot air furnace. I just
purchased my house (first one) a couple of months ago. I had the
furnace inspected and cleaned before firing it up. Anyways, I have a
few issues that I am wondering about.
- The furnace guy said it has a 0.75 gph nozzle in it, it should have
a 1.5 gph nozzle. He figured it was put in to save fuel. Stated if it
didn't heat the house enough to replace it with the correct size.
- The furnace kicks the burner on, then shuts it off and then turns
on the blower. So I only seem to get a quick blast of hot air then its
cool air coming out.
- It seems to kick on quite a bit I would say maybe every 10 - 15
mins sometimes (maybe its trying to get the house up to temp and has
to keep kicking on because the burners not staying on?).
Not sure if replacing the nozzle with the larger size will help solve
the burner problem, I would tend to think that the burner should stay
on with the blowers running to keep hot air blowing out.
Haven't burnt wood in it yet, just got the chimney inspected. Plan on
burning this weekend for the first time.

Thanks for the help