Backlash

Default Ultimate Workshop?

I was at least wise enough to figure that one out on the old shop. I
installed a 200 amp service on it, with conduit circuit runs, and I have
never regretted it. I've now got a welder alone that calls for a 95 amp
circuit. I'm beginning to think related to electrical service that "Some is
good, more is better, and too much is just enough"

RJ

"jim" wrote in message ...
Backlash wrote:

Well, today's a snow (ice) day for me, so let's see if I can get a good
discussion going about shop design and construction In building a
workshop/garage, in which metalwork, machining, mechanical repairs, auto
repair, and in a separate partition, woodwork is to be performed, what
materials and type of construction would you guys use, and why? What
niceties would you install if you were building your ultimate workshop?
Phone, intercom, satellite TV, 25 disc cd changer, surround sound,
microwave, fridge, water supply, bathroom, alarm system, in-floor bike

lift,
welding vent hood, hoist monorail are some of the things in use in the

old
one, for example.
Present workshop is concrete block with no wall insulation, vinyl

siding
on the outside. Insulated celotex ceiling. ( moderate climate) It has
served me well for 23 years, even surviving a high level flood with a

racing
current going by, when my home didn't make it. This was due in part to
threaded clamping rods running from concrete up through the blocks and

top
plate every 4 feet. Due to a new location, flooding is no longer an

issue.
Hurricanes are. This construction won't be used again, due to insulation
issues, and my next shop WILL be toasty and cool as needed. I was

younger
and poorer then. I am already well versed in building and uses of

building
materials, and have some ideas in mind. If anyone wishes to participate,

we
might all come out with some good concepts. This is open to inclusion of

any
item that might be used in or on a workshop, tools and subsystems

included.
I'm sure that some people just starting out in the workshop scene could

find
this very informative.

Also, thanks Guys and Gals, for the insights and ideas I have personally
received from this NG so far. Let the local farmers sit around the

heater at
the country store. I'll hang out here with you guys.

RJ

make sure you overdo the electric power to he building... you are always
gonna need more power over the years when some new tool comes home if
you dont have it now, plan for it in the future.. wire is cheap?? now,
so they say, well wait 20 yrs from now and you will be saying i could
have that darn thing wired for x number of dollars way back when, but i
put it off and figured it could get it done when needed, and it now cost
XXXX dollars to do it...